So, a while back I used up a beautifully coloured silk I had to make a Dove top. I’m sometimes a little afraid of sewing up some fabrics, afraid that I’ll regret using it and then it’ll be gone. I don’t imagine I’m the only one like this. Unfortunately this time I was right to be afraid.
I was never wild about this top, for one, the interfacing is too heavy (despite being increadibly light) so the facings don’t really hang properly. Secondly there’s no shape; there’s no waist and it just hangs off me. But I decided to give it another go, this time without interfacing.
I’m honestly pleased with my sewing; I think it was quite precise for me and I think I used my overlocker well. I do like that there is some topstitching possible with this pattern and I think I did it well.
I’ll admit my fuck up here: the last time I sewed this pattern I adjusted it and didn’t remember this time. If you look at my last post you’ll see that the front and back don’t line up properly so I lined them up. This meant that the armholes were way off. I tride to fix it, but it clearly was futile!
Even without the arm situation I doubt I would have worn this top, and that’s ok. This wasn’t a waste of time, I did some good sewing and learned that this pattern just isn’t for me. I think the pattern is well drafted and the instructions clear so if it’s something that interests you I’d recommend it!
I guess this is my first sewing failure of the year!